World Travel Awards™ is issuing a call to those organisations that aspire to be the best of the best in the business to participate in the annual World Travel Awards. The highest accolade in travel and tourism, the awards is hailed as 'the Oscars of the travel industry' by the media worldwide for identifying and rewarding excellence.
Opening Dates & Deadlines*
Nominations and voting runs on a twelve month cycle for each region.
|Africa||12 Dec 2013||31 Jan 2014|
|Indian Ocean||12 Dec 2013||31 Jan 2014|
|Middle East||12 Dec 2013||31 Jan 2014|
|Asia||12 Dec 2013||31 Mar 2014|
|Australasia||12 Dec 2013||31 Mar 2014|
|Caribbean||12 Dec 2013||31 Mar 2014|
|Central America||12 Dec 2013||31 Mar 2014|
|Europe||12 Dec 2013||31 Mar 2014|
|North America||12 Dec 2013||31 Mar 2014|
|South America||12 Dec 2013||31 Mar 2014|
* dates subject to change.
The Winner and two runners-up from the previous year will requalify for the same category and do not need to submit an entry. To check which nominees automatically qualify, visit the Nominees pages where the Winner and two runners-up will be published during the nomination period. For further info on the Nominations Methodology, visit our How It Works page.
- Submit your entry form online.
- Your entry will be checked and vetted to ensure your nomination qualifies for the selected category/s.
- Successful applicants will be notified and sent an invoice for the entry fee. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified that they have not qualified and no fee will be taken.
- Upon payment, your nomination will be entered into the nominations for the new year and you will be sent the nominee package which includes the nominee shield, vote for us button and web banners and a dedicated voting web page to market your nomination. At this point, nominations are under embargo.
- Nominees will be published when voting opens and Nominees may announce their nomination/s and begin any marketing campaigns.
The following entry fees apply for successful applications:
What You Get
Successful applicants will receive the Nominee Package (value £299) which includes the following digital products:
- • World Travel Awards™ Nominee Shield©
- • World Travel Awards™ Nominee Shield© Usage Agreement
- • World Travel Awards™ Nominee Certificate
- • World Travel Awards™ Vote For Us Button
- • World Travel Awards™ Vote For Us Web Banners
- • World Travel Awards™ Vote For Us Web Page
For more information on the Nominee Package, please download the information sheet.
Rules for Entry
- All entrants must be a travel and tourism product that serves the public or the industry.
- Your business is eligible to enter if it has been established and trading in its recent form for at least 12 months at the time of applying.
- Any entrants for New Hotel or New Resort categories will be eligible to enter if, at the time of applying, they opened within the past 18 months and were not included in the previous year's nominations.
- Previous year's winners and two runners up are automatically qualified in the following year's nomination for the same category. Exceptions apply for new hotels or resorts, new products or services and marketing campaign categories.
- If your entry relates to a specific project, it must have been completed and fully implemented at the time of applying.
- Any internet or technology products must have been operational for at least 6 months at the time of applying.
- World Travel Awards retains the right to disqualify entries.
- All Entry Forms must be completed in ENGLISH.
- Entries must reach World Travel Awards by the published closing dates.
- Only complete entries will be considered.
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Once received, all entry forms and supporting documents become the property of World Travel Awards and no returns of such material will be made. World Travel Awards will not be held responsible if such documents are lost or damaged.
- No refunds of the application fees will be made.